Followers

Monday, June 23, 2008

MocCroc redux

Well, it's good news-bad news: I finished the first MocCroc sock! but it's too small!! I have already frogged it, washed the yarn to get the kinks out, & hung it to dry. Meanwhile, I restarted with the last of that skein, with more stitches cast on. We are nothing if not persistent. (Nod if you recognize that. Like I'll know...) If my resident techie ever figures out how I can put pics on here, I'll have to take pics of my renewed progress. (DiscoDame, paging DiscoDame!)
I'm on vacation again, and got to spend some "quality" time with my Darling Daughter (aka DiscoDame). She had a final exam this morning, & I had an errand to run, so I carried her to the bus stop & proceeded on my way. Got back to Chez Cracker Box & worked on the sock. DD called much later to let me know she was heading for our rendezvous point. I'd made a grocery list, so the plan was to meet up & go Krogering. We made a fuel stop first (golden arches), then strolled down towards the crosswalk--only we had to make another stop. There's a really fun little shop there, full of knick-knacks & wild looking jewelry, and tons of other fun stuff. We musta killed an hour there, continuing our usual pattern of cracking each other up about every 5 minutes. So, following her 11 a.m. call, we made it home from Kroger about 4 p.m. Oh, and I remembered to stop at the library: I had an item on hold, that was now available.
I'll miss George Carlin. His questioning of our use of language, his sharpness about it...and so damned funny! The first time I heard the Stuff routine I about choked. And I still remember the Hippy Dippy Weatherman. Well, tonite's forecast is damned dark without his light. God rest you, George.

No comments: