Followers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fall down go boom

I've fallen off the blogging bandwagon lately, not much to say but an awful lot to do! I started a reversible cable scarf in the Bamboo Ewe, using 6 (six!) colors -- I really want to use it up. The scarf is, needless to say, eye-poppingly loud. I don't think I can find a new home for something so fugly, so I guess I'll wear it with my bright red coat. Why don't I just get a purple hat to go with the ensemble, and retire to the Senior Manse.
Are you reading Crazy Aunt Purl? Finally, some good news! I won't spoil it, in case you haven't seen it yet.
Mother's Day was super -- we went to the TACA Crafts Fair the Friday before, and our friend John had a booth there. Check out Center Earth Pottery (Google it; what am I, your librarian?) to see his lovely wares. I'm particularly fond of his "Monet" glaze; a couple years ago I got a teapot in that glaze. This year he had a berry washer (ok, it's a spiffy colander for all you Philistines) in the Monet. When he brought it out I wished him a happy Mother's Day and left my family in the booth! It doesn't work to be too subtle with my crew. Anyway, I now own a lovely berry bowl that matches my teapot. DiscoDame gave me the cutest card, and some hair sticks that I'd admired, although I believe I'll be using them for shawl sticks. The Plaidman also got me a sapphire pendant--my birthstone, he remembered.
Gah! I started this post over a week ago, I just don't have the blog bug right now. Oh well, for what it's worth here it is.

No comments: