Followers

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Not that I needed it, but

I've been on book binge lately.  Bliss Yarns had a Wild Wednesday sale right up my alley.  I came out of the store with two Martin Storey books, and a Nicky Epstein, and a paperbound stitch dictionary.  This is on top of the Thriftbooks order (supposedly already shipped; where are my books?!?!?) for Alice Starmore's Book of Fair Isle Knitting, a Vogue On The Go - Caps & Hats, and The Harmony Guide to Aran and Fair Isle Knitting.  If you haven't looked at Thriftbooks, now's a good time!  Yes, the books are used.  Everything I've had from them so far has been in good shape, and very reasonably priced.  Of course, they're not going to have the latest publications; check those out of the library until they're a few years old.  Yes, you can find knitting books at the library.  You can even get electronic issues of knitting magazines from the library. 
I am still slugging away at the BunnyHop for Herself.  I've been working on more stranded baby hats too!  And I finished two of the ruffled scarves, and have the yarn for at least six more.  They're pretty quick; I need to decide whether they'll be gifts or for sale.  The yarn was on sale at the local JoAnn, as they're getting ready to move into new digs (which look even bigger!!) very soon.  Hmm, I should go back this weekend & see if there's any left -- it's likely to be even cheaper. 

No comments: