Followers

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

It ain't for sissies

Growing older...I guess it's better than the alternative, but it sure is a lot of trouble.  Back in October, my eye doctor told me I have early glaucoma in my left eye.  So now I use drops in both eyes to keep it at bay; at least I now understand why that left eye has been such a problem the last couple of years. I was never satisfied with the lenses for that eye.  In addition, I've got a tiny cataract in my right eye, which makes everything look darker thru that one.  I think if I want to knit the Aeolian shawl, I'd better get started on it while I can still see -- I'm kinda slow when knitting, it's liable to take me years to finish the thing!  I'll be using Knit Picks Bare Gloss lace, such a lovely mix of merino & silk!  I probably should have read up on the projects in Ravelry, as so many of even the big versions use a lot less yarn than I bought.  But I'd planned to knit some sample swatches first, to practice my nupps & bead application, so I don't think any of it will go to waste.  I still need to look over my 40" circulars, to see if any are sharp enough for nupps.
Hey, I have some Addi Lace Rockets, should be sharp enough.

No comments: