Followers

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

All by ourselves

We are pretty hermitic, staying home & playing with our electronic gadgets.  But poor Plaidman has been "questing" for days, going further afield & circling back to the local grocer, hoping to find a package of toilet paper.  Seriously, what has possessed our neighbors that they feel compelled to stockpile four months worth of TP & paper towels??  Last I heard, COVID 19 is a respiratory illness, not a diarrheal one.
With the seasonal changes, all of the Plaid Patrol  has been coughing  & sneezing.   But we got a scare yesterday:  Disco started having difficulty breathing,  to the point she had to sleep sitting up.  This is common in pneunonia, which IS a COVID complication.  So she got a trip to a local clinic, which has the test for COVID.  Her test came back nnegative, and she hasn't got pneumonia.  Her symptoms were chalked up to allergic sinusitis with drainage (hence the cough).
  Whew! A bullet dodged,  for sure.  I think we can handle the other problems that come with trying to get things done.  I've been waiting for a delivery from GNC,  but the store where Plaidman placed the order is now closed, and I can't find the order on their website.  I have been waiting for some word from the manufacturer of Xiidra about my application for assistance.  I wil keep hoping, and wish all my friends health and comfort.

No comments: