Followers

Monday, February 8, 2021

exhibits b & c

Not yesterday, but the Sunday before, Plaidman made dinner.  He made something that each of us has cooked up many times, with minor variations based on pantry contents.  We were to have a beef meatloaf, which we usually "finish" with some sort of tomato product drizzled over it.  We've used tomato paste or sauce, or commercial bottled spaghetti sauce, mixing a bit into the loaf before it's shaped & put in a baking dish.  Then we spread the tomato product over the top for nice color & flavor.  Sunday evening, he made up his beef, egg, & oats mixture and went to the pantry for some tomato goodness.  He could see none at all, not a bit of tomato sauce or paste.  We live less than a half mile from the grocery, but instead of putting the loaf fixings in the fridge & making a quick trip to the store, he decides to just do without the flavor & savor of the sauce.  Our meatloaf was dry and not tasty, for which he apologized and explained the lack of tomato.  Now, I'd had occasion to get into the pantry recently, and remembered seeing some spaghetti sauce there.  I asked if he'd noticed it.  He had, but didn't want to open a full jar for a half a cup of sauce, and didn't want to throw out the rest.  What?  Why not use the half cup, put the lid back on, and put the jar in the fridge?  He shrugged.  The idea had not occurred to him, even after literally years of doing just that whenever meatloaf was on the menu.  This piece of info had fallen out of his memory.
******  *******
Yesterday I asked for Raisin Bran, heated up in the microwave.  He seems to enjoy making my breakfast.  I had an egg scramble as well, which came to the table before my hot cereal.  I'd nearly finished my egg, when the bowl of cereal wss placed on the placemat.  I gave it a stir : yes there were raisins, no it was not Raisin Bran.  It was cream of wheat.  Good thing I like cream of wheat with raisins.  This is one example of breakfast confusion, but it's happened at least once a week for a while now.  I'm going along on his next visit to his doctor.
*****   *****
I frogged & rent three rows of Sis' wrap.  That' all I've managed in two days.

No comments: