Followers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

More FO's

Yeah, baby! We like this kinda party! Erm, I mean, I have really enjoyed the mini-vacation I just had -- I worked last Wednesday, and didn't come back until today!-- I did some knitting (of course), and I actually finished & photographed some more fingerless gloves. Presenting another (!!) pair of my own design, the Cob Stitch Fingerless Mitts in Lion Brand Wool-Ease:


And just who it that Mysterious Model? None other than the fabulous DiscoDame, with a different prop. Makes her look intellectual, doncha think?
I've started on yet another pair of fingerless gloves/mitts, the Twisted Chain Link Fingerless Gloves (you can use that title to find the pattern on Ravelry). The charts are wonky: written instructions for rounds 3 & 10 include purl stitches, but they're not on the chart; the stitches represented on the chart appear to read from left to right which is weird because aren't most charts set up to be read the same direction as the stitches are worked -- right to left? Anyway, after several attempts to reconcile the chart to the written recipe, I've decided to ignore the chart. I figure the pattern was probably written down first, then charted but not proofed. So the written instruction is likely (more) correct than the chart, right? Stay tuned for further developments.
You know, I have been entering just about every blog giveaway I can find--so it had to happen: I won one! I will tell you all about it in another post, when my prize arrives. I can say, I'm tickled; I never win anything. That's why I don't buy the Power Ball & Mega Millions tickets; I can just about gaurantee the big $ isn't coming home with me!
Oh, Disco had a disappointment last night: I had just about decided to let her frog my Olympics vest, but when she pulled it out of hibernation, I saw how little was left to do--so it's still intact, only needing a few more rows on the back, a couple of seams, and the front edge/neckline.

No comments: