Followers

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Whew...

The Plaidman's first SS deposit has finally hit the bank.  Who in their right mind decides to retire, but wait a quarter year before replacing their paycheck?  Why, that would be the Plaidman, of course!  And who would make a sudden and unilateral decision to retire without drawing a pension or SS for three months, without even consulting the spouse who'll be expected to just pick up the slack?  I know!  It's Plaidman!  Showing off his usual attitude of complete disregard for his own family, what a surprise (not).  A few days ago he was spouting off about dudes who put themselves first, how that wasn't at all manly in his opinion, and then he looks over at me like I'm going to give him an "Amen".  I got up, went over to him and told him that he didn't want to hear what I'd like to say about his preachin'.  He got real quiet at that. 
I have started working the edging for Dolly Blankie #3, which will be the last of the doll blankets.  Sorry, Princess; I just can't spend anymore of my knitting time on these things.  Anyway, I've decided to make a rather plain edge of stockinette, striped and with slip stitches for a bit of color change.  Knit on!

No comments: