Followers

Sunday, May 9, 2021

mail call

5-9-21 ETA:  The ribbed brim of the Clingman's Dome Cap is now 3.25", needing only .75" before I start the texture pattern.
* * * *
5/2/21
Got a phone call from someone with a strong Indian or Pakistani accent, saying he was calling from UPS.  He asked (I think) if I had received a box of cards (?).  I just could not figure out what he said; we have a lot of scam calls from people who sound like this fella.  Sometimes they try to ship unordered back or knee braces to us, so I got rude with this guy and hung up. Half an hour later the door bell sounds, Plaidman goes out to find a big box on the porch.  No return address.  Looks suspicious.  Plaidman opens it, lots of brown wrapping paper, and one very special item:
A copy of the 3rd Army WWII campaign map.  One of the troops in Big Tom's unit made several for the unit, this one was Tom's.  Good ol' Brother Mike must have found it while cleaning house.  We are jist thrilled to have it!  Now to see about conserving it & finding a framer, which I'd like to have done by the Plaidman's birthday.
^*^*^*^*
In knitting news, the Mountain Hiker hat was finished 4/30, and it fits every head in the house except the cat's.  Also on Friday, I restarted the Clingman's Dome hat; I hope I've read the pattern and the instruction to purl below  will not throw a spanner in the works.  This one is two solid colors, so the stitch definition  should be better.  

No comments: