Followers

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

can you spell relief

I went to a periodontist weeks ago, for relief of jaw problems associated with cancer treatment.  The doctor found some necrosis around the back molar, which has been a long-standing issue.  He proposed treating it with laser ablation, so I saw him today for that.  Of course, I had to take 3 numbing injections into a very sore area!  I squealed like a stuck pig; oral injections are not high on my list of fun things to do.  When my jaw was numb enough (just!), some probing with a sharp pick located a loose piece of necrotic bone.  Dr. West pulled it out (OUCH) and used the laser to tidy up the back of the molar (more OUCH).  I'll return in about a week to make sure it heals well.  Let's hope this works, at least for awhile.  The doctor said this condition could recur, and will be managed rather than cured.  Terrific, add it to the cancer, the degenerated discs, the arthritis, etc.  
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
I'm working the crown decreases of the Hiker hat.  I'll try to get a photo tomorrow.

No comments: