Followers

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

The pit yawns

Last night Disco called my attention to the wet floor of the undersink cabinet in the kitchen.  The Plaidman had already retired for the night, so I left him a note about it - he's always the first up & in the kitchen.  So, it's lunch time, and his quick check seems to pin the trouble to a leaking disposal.  For once, he's gone ahead & called a plumber without waiting for me to ask him 5 times to do so.  We can expect to see the plumber in two days.  Which is hella better than the wait for the handyman that was supposed to help us fit our new oven & range into it's place.  Said oven is still sitting in the door to the kitchen, not a problem for my housemates, but my chair won't fit thru.  I haven't been able to go through that doorway since January 30th.  I just reminded Plaidman of that, and of the fact that we have stimulus money on hand.  Perhaps he'll contact someone who can get that job done.  Not holding my breath.
***********
Disco went on expedition into the craft storage room, and came out with the Bare Gloss yarn I got a couple of years ago.  I could not recall if it was fingering or lace weight.   It is lace weight; it could be double stranded for the Deeds shawl, but I'm not sure I'd have enough left for the Aeolian shawl that my heart really wants.  Right now the Deeds shawl will hibernate.  Another project that calls to me, the Willow China Cowl, will have to wait.  We have the home repairs to pay for, plus some periodontal work that will set us back a bit, before I can justify spending more money on yarn.  S'okay, I have lots of yarn & can surely find patterns that will suit.  I have a charity hat project that got frogged & restarted in a different pattern, I can carry on with that.  Just now, I'll see if I can get lunch served before Plaidman runs to the store!

No comments: