Followers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Frogged!!!



A moment of silence, please, for the 2010 Knitting Olympics Challenge project....
Ok, times up. Yes I frogged it. I just wasn't happy with how the blocks of color were working out. But fear not, I'm still plugging away--it's been cast on & reknit to about 3", with a bit better planning. I just did not realize how hard it would be to make "random" blocks of color throughout the thing. The NEW & Improved design will have smaller blocks of color on the fronts only. I'll likely need another skein of the "natural" ("oatmeal"?), since the entire back will be just that one color. Pressing on....

I love my high-speed innerwebs. It used to take a couple of hours to upload a picture here, now it's less than a minute. I got so excited, I even signed up for a Pro account in Flickr (Yarnshuter), and joined Facebook.
In other news, I got stopped this morning because the Black Purl aka my car has no back bumper.

I didn't get a ticket, but the Plaidman has orders to arrange for the repair & give up his car for the duration of the repair work. Just what we need, another big bill while he's laid off. A bright spot: he says he knows his layoff is temporary because his bosses didn't ask him for the building & lot keys. I wonder if they forgot he has them. Anyway, we'll just hope for the best.

No comments: