Followers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Agony of defeat


Well, after that last post I just kinda lost interest in the vest. I'd still like to make it, only not with intarsia blocks of SO MANY colors. So, no Knitting Olympics medal for me. I believe I'll frog the thing one more time, and try it another way. Maybe I need to find a pattern that's knit "sideways" so that the stripes can be knit in as usual. Part of the problem: not enough warm colors in the yarn I wanted to use. I've got 3 shades of blue, 3 greens, blossom pink and orange -- and neither of the last two are my favorites. So a redesign is in order, and I believe this vest will wind up being all blue, green & tan. I'll just leave out the warm colors.
***
The Plaidman is still laid off. DiscoDame is still unemployed (GRR!). Money is getting sparse. How many times in our nearly 33 years of married bliss (!?!?) have I been the sole breadwinner in the household? Gosh, when Disco was born the Plaidman was out of work! Good thing I had paid maternity leave, or we would have starved. Well, Plaidman & I would have starved; Disco wasn't bottle fed. What a joy THAT was! I felt like Bossie the cow the whole time.
***
In more pleasant news: the sun's out today! and it's supposed to get up to 50F this afternoon! Drat, the sun's out & I gotta work all day. Double drat, I haven't even got a finished object to photograph. Insert pout here.

No comments: