Followers

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

slow Tuesday

All quiet on the southern front, here in Antioch.  I read an article from the Tennessean about the history of our local mall.  Hickory Hollow mall was one of the largest in the area, and very popular the first few years after opening.  The newspaper pins the decline to "rising crime rates" in Antioch, but I think that may be politi-speak for "too many POC in the mall".  White Nashville did not want to frequent a shopping center that had a predominantly black clientele.  Antioch, at the time, was one of the mostly black areas of town, with a lot fewer large apartment complexes and those that were here were older & considered low rent.  Now there are many that have opened in the past few years, with more springing up every few months.  All advertise the latest amenities, so I don't imagine they're inexpensive.  We've got a town house in a mixed
neighborhood, much more urban than where we lived before here.
I sure hope someone figures out how to revitalize our mall.
○○○○○○○●●●●
I knit a bit on the Sis' wrap last night, as we watched 30 Coins.  Such a wild & weird show!  Disco doesn't want to watch, so she missed the scariest part of the mirror business.  I don't think I could get her into a fun house hall of mirrors.  Heck, I wouldn't go in one either!

No comments: