Followers

Saturday, June 14, 2008

A nice day

I went to the WWKIP event in Centennial Park today. The weather is always a concern, but for an extended stay outdoors I thought the clouds were great! I just don't care for cooking in the sun.

After I'd visited & knit with some lovely ladies, I got to cruise through the American Artisan craft fair. I loves me a craft fair! I made a purchase, some lampwork glass bead earrings. The Plaidman ran into an old friend, and brought him by the canopy where the knitters were parked. Lordy, how Time has beaten us down. Ol' Roger the Dodger looked a bit rough, but seemed to be getting around alright on his electric scooter. It's something to see: a mid-50s long-haired hippie on a scooter. Just let that visual sink in....no, I did not take his picture! I did take some of the knitters, and I will have to go by Angel Hair Yarns sometime to share the pics, since I can't figure out how to get pics into this blog! I worked on the (in-)famous Moc Croc sock -- yes, there's still only the one. But I'm getting very close to the toe! The next pair will be done two at once, on a pair of circs or a magic loop.
The Plaidman is still not working. The DiscoDame is still in school, but will have a week off that will coincide with my vacation week, which means we'll all be rattling around Chez Divine making each other nuts. I guess I'll be glad to go back to work. Or just anywhere else, for that matter. If you were on a really tight budget, and had 10 days off in a row, where would you go? Would you set up a tent in the backyard, & camp out? I will be reading Ms. Cheap's column for ideas, but feel free to chime in if you've got any.

No comments: