Followers

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Then again--

Oh, the Knitting Gods are laughing now. "No holiday knitting, huh? GUESS AGAIN!" What can I say, I've been thinking of dear old Dad a lot lately, and just had to start on his Steelers socks. I bought six hanks of the Steelers colorway by Claudia Hand Painted, meaning to make a pair each for Dad, Disco & myself. Well, Dad wears size 10.5 shoes, and his socks were gonna take more than two hanks. So last Thursday I carried Disco over to the Haus of Yarn & bought some kettle dyed black fingering Malabrigo--my very first Malabrigo, woo-hoo!--which I'll be using for the heels & toes of all 3 pairs. If I have any left over, I might make either Tiny Baby Bunnies or Hamsterbeans--you seriously need to search Ravelry for Hamsterbeans! Very silly & cute. The Tiny Baby Bunnies are by Anna Hravoc (?sp?), some of her mini-mochi's. Also very cute. Neither of these patterns is actually suitable for small children, but for bigger "kids" they'd be cute to tuck into unexpected spots (the lunchbox, the linen closet--that kind of place; get yer head outta the gutter!). Check the comments on the last post--got a reply from the Thanksgiving Creature-watcher! And I corrected the effects guy's last name...I think. While I was gone from the office, my name was drawn for the October perfect attendance prize--4 free movie tickets!Sounds like I'll be seeing a holiday movie soon.

No comments: