Followers

Friday, April 26, 2013

Blogger fail

Well, I've searched & dug through all the photos I've taken lately -- without finding any of the lovely fingerless mitts I made for Miss A.  But it's not all bad news: courtesy of a fellow Raveler, I have 3 more skeins of the Stitch Nation Alpaca Love in Dusk colorway!  Two are one dye lot, and the third is another.  I figure about I can get legwarmers from the matching two, and at least 3 more pairs of mitts from the other. 
I have gone crazy for new yarn; could it be due to Spring finally starting to show up here?  I bought some yarn to make Betty A a scarf, but then decided it was too heavy for her.  So I've ordered from Colourmart, a lovely lace weight silk noil that looks tweedy(!) medium brown.  The flecks are NOT neutral, but all kinds of color.  Can't wait to see it!

I was re-reading the latest post on The Panopticon, and thought about part of my recent trip to Texas.  While in The Yarnivore in San Antonio, I got to see some remarkable artifacts.  The store owner had a silk (?we think) camisole, possibly cut down from a slip, that had some fabulous lace trim & lace straps -- and it looked to be from the early 20th century, likely 90 years old.  Then she reached under the counter and pulled out three darling little caps, one done in tatting, one in bobbin lace, and the third looked to be crocheted.  All very old & somewhat yellowed, and showing some minor damage -- but what lovely work!  I sure do wish the camera hadn't done a big fail that day. 

I bought some more yarn from Knit Picks, and just got an email letting me know it'd been shipped.  So now I've got yarn coming in the mail from three sources -- I really gotta get a grip on the stash acquisition.  I don't know what made me think I could knit the Plaidman a sweater with 10 balls of aran weight yarn; I'll soon have another 10 of the same stuff (different dye lots, I'm sure -- not a prob, I'll alternate rows between the two dye lots).  As to the third source:  I won a giveaway on Yarn On The House!  I'm so tickled!  FREE yarn, what could be better. 

No comments: