Followers

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Good weekend

Disco & I made it out to Dickson yesterday.  The sign at the entrance said the fiber fair started at noon, we got there a bit after 10 a.m. and it was already getting busy!  Fiber-folk don't want to sleep in on festival days!  We both fondled lots of pretty yarn & fibers, and flipped through lots of interesting books.  I had a tote bag with my newest acquisitions from The Haus of Yarn, picked up Thursday evening:  a few ounces of Corriedale dyed red, and a hi-lo drop spindle by Schact (did I spell that right?).  I was wanting to see if I could begin to understand drafting before taking Fleegle's class (Yes, THAT Fleegle!) at the festival.  And yeah, maybe getting the fiber & spindle the night before was rather last minute.  I did try to get them from Bliss Yarns earlier in the week, but they hadn't either in stock.  Anywhoo, I got to meet & spend some time with Fleegle -- and I did say I'd buy her Supported Spindling book, but that will have to wait until the next payday.  The class was good, and I did learn more about spindling in general and supported spindling in particular.  Supported spindling seems so much easier than drop spindling!  And Fleegle's class materials included a supported spindle & some nice combed roving for each student, so now I have two spindles!  Disco wanted to go out there again today, but it cost us a quarter tank of gas to get there & back, and the pay just won't stretch that far again.  Either she or the Plaidman must get some work and try to bring some more income into Chez Plaid.  Disco had her display, cards, and lots of stitchmarkers and even found a spot to sit in & try to sell a few -- I'm real surprised nobody chased her off.  She says she'd like to get a booth at the fair next year.  I don't think she realizes how much product she'd have to have on hand to fill a booth.  But maybe she could find someone that will sell her a corner of their booth?  I suppose she'd have to get in touch with Three Creeks Farm, the organisers for this little shindig. 
In knitting news, I have been slipping in a few rows at a time, a couple of times a day, on the Every Way Wrap (aka the world's slowest wrap).  The end is nearly in sight.  Will I actually finish it before the weather turns again?  I'd suggest against holding your breath.  Also I finished the second hat for Princess T, but still haven't blocked it.  That would be a good mini-project for the weekend, no?  So, I must run off to chores and then to the fun stuff (blocking, spinning, knitting?).  TTFN!

No comments: