Followers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What can we say about Wednesday?

Normally, this would be "over the hump" day, but due to the seasonal (and other!) absences, I'll be working again this Friday.  Le sigh.  At least the work is moderately interesting. 

I'm coming into the home stretch on the latest dish/wash cloth, just the garter edge & bind off to be done.  This has taken an inordinate amount of time, because I've been indulging in my other favorite hobby: Reading!  This summer I've been through the entire Malazan Tales of The Fallen, and so far the first two books of A Song of Fire and Ice, just finished Neil Gaiman's American Gods (we read Anansi Boys last summer), and now I've started a weirdy, Rumo by Walter Moers.  Not to mention the other assorted books...and I tried once again to read the Sword of Shannara trilogy, and once again lost interest halfway through the first volume.  It just strikes me as a poor man's Lord Of The Rings, same story with different players and poorer writing.  I'll likely catch h**l for saying that; I know there are a lot of fans out there.  Not that I don't like Terry Brooks' writing, I read all the Knight of the Word books and loved them.  But what is with the Shannara stories? 

We have something to cheer us up: Laurie aka Crazy Aunt Purl is blogging again!  And we can even leave comments again!  Welcome back, CAP!

No comments: