Followers

Sunday, February 16, 2014

I will be so glad

...To see the back of this week!  The arthritis in my back has really been kicking me down lately, sometimes waking me up & other times just making it very hard to get to sleep.  This is a problem, but I can & will soldier on -- with more frequent breaks in the knitting and trying to avoid holding any heavy books open to read 'em.  Got a scare Thursday:  The Plaidman hadn't been feeling well for a couple of days; around 11 a.m. Thursday DiscoDame called to let me know she'd called an ambulance for her Dear Old Dad, as he felt he needed to go to the ER but didn't think he could drive.  Disco doesn't drive at all.  So I told her to see if she could ride in the ambulance with her Da; she rode shotgun in the cab.  No, they didn't use the siren.  So, I waited to hear something more from her.  And I waited.  And waited some more.  She called me again about 2 p.m. to let me know that tests were ordered, but no definite diagnosis was established yet.  Then she called back at 3 with the diagnosis, and asked if she should call a cab to get home.  Heck no!  I left work at my ususal time of 4 p.m. and went straight to the hospital to pick them up.  We have a high deductible plan, so this is going to be expensive enough.  So he's been puny all weekend, only started back on solid food this morning.  And he had a call from his sis last night; his aunt's oldest son had committed suicide on Valentine's Day.  Not a great holiday for this family.
In the slightly better news, I did get some of my WIPs finished up.  I washed & blocked the Janet Beret, and a lace headband.  I finished the first of the Arden mitts, and wow is it handsome.  Take a look:
Have you seen it from this angle?
 




Please note the background ... my new favorite for photos!
So, I've still a good bit to do on this pair of mitts.  And I really REALLY need to finish the Bunny Hop sweater for the Peerless Princess.  Of course, that involves sewing, so no telling when I'll work up the gumption to get 'er done. 
 
 
 

No comments: