Followers

Monday, December 3, 2012

Almost there

It's December already?!?!?  What the heck happened to November?  Oh yeah, I remember: I worked through most of it.  Thank Dog for a job & a steady paycheck; but I sure could have used a little more downtime.  I have five new pairs of trousers, birthday swag (I'm a Libra), that still haven't been hemmed.  I haven't even started on all the armwarmers I meant to make for the coworkers.  BUT! I do have one commission  --  a fluffy, bright colored, warm super wide headband for a niece (no, not one of mine -- I don't think they'd have much use for it, in South Texas).  I'm using a Plymouth bulky yarn called Bazinga.  It's freakin' awesome!  What colors!  I bought two balls, and wound up both right away.  Right now, I'm alternating pulling the yarn from the outside and the inside of the ball.  I think I can get this done with just one ball, if one layer is enough, but I won't mind using the other if I have to -- I'll just knit the thing twice and sew them together.  And I bought the sweetest button for the back fastening, it's got a swirl of colors very similar to the yarn's, on a creamy background.  AbFab, I tell ya!
The citrus-colored sock is going pretty well.  I've turned the heel, and finished the gusset.  Now to push on thru the foot, then cast on another.  I will be stunned and amazed if I get these done before Christmas, or even before 12th Night.  Pup's Steeler's sock is also in progress, tho not so far along -- after being ripped back (from a 7" long leg!) and restarted in another pattern, I've got about 3" knit.  And land's sake, it had to be frogged -- that yarn in a 2 X 2 ribbing was just making me weep from boredom.  I have a much better pattern working now!
We went to the movies a couple of weekends ago, and saw the new James Bond flick, Skyfall.  Loved it!  James Craig & Javier Bardem are both terrific.  Bardem goes over the top, but in just the best way.  I still get jazzed thinking about Craig's part in opening the Olympics; didn't you just love Her Majesty?  What a trooper!  But then there's the sad news: one of the Corgis that participated in that skit has passed on to the Rainbow Bridge.  He was getting on, so it's not too surprising, but I'm sure he's missed. 

No comments: